- Revenue up 15% year on year to £220.0m (2015: £192.1m) with growth across all business areas
- Operating profit up 18% to £161.6m (2015: £137.2m)
- Underlying operating profit(1) up 15% to £166.2 (2015: 144.3%)
- Basic earnings per share up 21% to 137.9 (2015: 114.0p)
- Underlying basic earnings per share up(2) 18% to 142.8 (2015: 121.4p)
- Final dividend of 32p (2015: 27p) per ordinary share making a total dividend of 51p (2015: 43p), up 19%(1)
(1) Before share - based payments and NI on share - based incentives
(2) Before share - based payments, NI on share - based inc entives and no related adjustment for tax
- Record customer numbers with Agency and New Homes customers up +2% to 20,121 (31 December 2015: 19,752)
- 1 million UK residential properties advertised on Rightmove which is a third(1) more than on any other portal
- Strong traffic growth
- Visits up 10% averaging over 120 million visitss per month(2)
- Time on site up 5% to nearly 1 billion minutes per month(2)
- 95% of employee respondents think Rightmove is a great
- Average revenue per advertiser (ARPA)(1) up a record £88 to £842 per month (2015: £754)
Source: AlphaWise, Morgan Stanley Research Jan 2017.
For Agency and New Homes customers.
Rightmove, the UK’s number one property portal, has delivered another year of record results. Visits from home movers increased by 10% and they spent nearly a billion minutes on Rightmove every month in 2016. Our number of advertisers grew by 2% to reach an all-time high of over 20,100 and with advertisers spending more on our products, data and services, our revenue increased by 15% to £220.0m with underlying operating profit(1) up 15% to £166.2m and operating profit up 18% to £161.6m.