Our Tax Strategy supports our Group strategy and the way Rightmove does business. Our Tax Strategy is to manage efficiently the tax and cash cost to the Group of doing business, within the ambit of all applicable laws, whilst ensuring our tax affairs are transparent and sustainable for the long-term.
Our guiding tax principles are to:
- Pay the right and proper amount of tax, in the right place at the right time;
- To ensure the integrity of all reported tax numbers and timely compliance with all relevant statutory tax obligations;
- Not undertake transactions whose sole purpose is to create an abusive tax result or which are outside the Group's risk appetite. The Group continues to have a conservative risk appetite in relation to taxation matters;
- Always consider Rightmove's corporate and social responsibilities, reputation and brand;
- Consider the potential tax implications as part of every major business decision;
- To build open and constructive relationships with tax authorities and to undertake all dealings with tax authorities, government bodies and other related third parties in a professional, courteous and timely manner;
- Operate appropriate tax risk governance processes, including Audit Committee and Board oversight;
- To be recognised as a vital business partner by our stakeholders and to facilitate the growth and development of the Group's business activities in a tax efficient manner; and
- To work to provide enhanced and balanced disclosure and communication of our tax affairs to investors.